Sunday, March 3, 2013

Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Swatches and Review



When Spring comes I love to wear bright hues on my lips. No...wait....scratch that...what am I saying? I love to wear bold lips ALL the time!

And I think I have found the boldest hues EVER from the drugstore (to this day anyway): the new Color Sensational Vivids by Maybelline!



From Maybelline: Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids gets treated to a new technology using neon coated pigments produce Color Sensational’s brightest most vibrant color ever. The end look is intense and bold, but never garish. Color is rich, luscious and bright – and wears for up to four hours! Formula with honey nectar keeps lips feeling smooth, nourished, never dry, chalky or cakey.

Let me show you! 

No Flash

With Flash
Shades (left to right): 895 On Fire Red, 875 Vivid Rose, 865 Fuchsia Flash, 860 Pink Pop, 900 Hot Plum, 870 Shocking Coral, 885 Vibrant Mandarin, 880 Electric Orange

Highly pigmented - 2 swipes and opaque coverage is achieved. Great staying power, but be careful as the darkest shades tend ot stain (On Fire Red is still on my arm). The formula is lovely: cream finish, and on my uber picky lips they are not drying. 

Here I am wearing On Fire Red #895. My new favorite bright red (if you follow me on Instagram, you have seen this picture before as it's currently my avatar).

p.s. Eyeliner I am wearing on the picture is the new Maybelline Master Duo in Black Lacquer.



Overall- I am in LOVE! The colours are outstanding! If you are not a nude lip only kinda gal, then you definitely need to give these a try! 


Which Vivids shade will you be rocking this Spring?

Signed: Mel, the lipstick junkie.

2 comments:

  1. I don't use maybelline, but the swatches I keep seeing of the vivids make me want to cave! lol so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are great if what you are looking for are bold bright hues. Not a lot of drugstore companies offer such vivid shades, these are lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete