Saturday, January 25, 2014

Yves Rocher Folk Passion Collection




Winter collections always centers around glitter and rich hues. I for one, wouldn't have it any other way. I much prefer dark shades to pastels. Always have.

Let's start with nails (my current beauty obsession). The Folk Passion collection includes 5 mini bottles: 3 creamy shades and 2 glitter top coats. The cream lacquers are 2-coaters when wearing them alone. You can get away with one coat if you topped them with a top coat. Truly a fun little "kit" to have on hand!

Sequined Rose Glitter, Prussian Red, Peacock Blue, Slate Blue and Silver Shine Glitter

My favourite combination is Peacock Blue topped with Silver Shine Glitter (pic below). Perfect party nails! And quick...one coat of Peacock Blue, one coat of Silver Shine Glitter and you are good to go! If you follow me on Instagram (you totally should!), you've seen this NOTD shot already.

#NOTD Peacock Blue & Silver Shine Glitter


Next, lippies: Prussian Red and Dark Purple. If you love sheer, moisturizing lipsticks that apply like a balm, you will love Dark Purple (don't worry, it looks dark in the tube but transfers much lighter on the lips because of its sheer formula). Red Prussian, on the other hand, has a creamy pigmented formula and applies like a dream. Its finish reminds me of the MAC Cremesheen lipsticks. I did experience bleeding when I wore this one, but a clear lip liner solves the problem.

Dark Purple, Prussian Red

Swatches: Sparkling Gloss - Silver, Sparkling Silver eyeliner, Dark Purple, Prussian Red, 

Moving on to the eyes! Meet the Yves Rocher Folk Passion Khol Duos: Stormy Blue & Peacock Blue and Mandarin & Smokey Grey. Creamy smooth and nicely pigmented. 
The Mandarin & Smokey Grey pencil is a really unique pencil. Soft orange with a slightly frosty finish on one side and a deep creamy charcoal grey on the other. Finally something different! Have you ever seen a winter collection that includes an orange eyeliner before...? I love to use it on the inner 1/3 of my top and lower lash line.

kohl duo 1
khol duo 2


Next in the eye makeup category are the Eye Pencils in Deep Charcoal and Ancient Mauve. These are your standard jumbo eye pencil that you can use as a shadow, a liner or a base. I love that they are multiuse and I do enjoy them as liner and shadow...as a base, not so much. I did experience creasing. Definitely apply your UDPP under these babies. Dark Charcoal is gorgeous for a smoky eye; it's a dark grey shade infused with silver shimmers (see pic above). So pretty!



Because no winter collection is totally complete without a little bit of frosting (yeah, I said frosting...every time I use this expression, I think of Kate Hudson in "How to lose a guy in ten days"), the collection also includes a sparkling gloss and silver eyeliner. The silver eyeliner is one of my favourite items from this collection. It's not just chunky silver glitter in a clear base. It's actually a silver base packed with silver shimmer. 

Sparkling Gloss - Silver

eyeliner



The last item I have to show you is the Yves Rocher Folk Passion Pearly Water in Silver. What it is: a water-like gel loaded with fine silver and transparent shimmer/glitter. The result: the most perfect fairy dust glow! I love to use it on shoulders and legs. I have a gold version of this as well (not from this collection) that I took on the cruise with me last year. I just love these. They feel cool on the skin when you apply them and you can even use them in your hair.

Pearly Water - Silver



Although this collection is Limited Editon, it's still available online at http://www.yvesrocher.ca/

Like what you see? Hurry, before they are gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment