Thursday, January 2, 2014

Hello 2014...and new beauty resolutions


I haven't updated the blog in a while so I though I would do a quick post about new year resolutions.

At first, I wasn't even sure I should make any...the eternal question right? To resolution or to NOT resolution. But I figured, without going to extremes, there are things that I could work on and benefit from. But, I made myself a promise...not to take on crazy resolutions that I know deep down I just won't keep (like eating better or cutting out caffeine...who I am kidding? No way I could give up my java and pastries and junk).

After a brainstorming session, here is my list of 2014 resolutions:

- Get more beauty sleep! I am a night owl, have always been (was very handy when my kids were younger and not sleeping through the night, or when I was in college/uni...Nowadays? Not working as well). So, this year I will TRY to get at least 6-7 hours of sleep a night on week days. Reasonable, yes? Plus, getting my beauty sleep will help with resolution #2, which is...

- Take better care of my skin! And to achieve this, I now have this baby to give my skin the royal treatment. Thanks Mary Kay Canada! I simply love my new Skinvigorate Cleansing Brush! Who knew that I would have to deal with breakouts and wrinkles at once...gotta love being a woman!



- Wear red lips more often. My favourite red? Diva by MAC. This one has been in my stash for years now. Everytime I run out, I repurchase. This is my 5th tube.



[Source: Pinterest]


- Concentrate on the positive. I have two teenagers, which means there is always drama in my house...or, as I like to say, "never a dull moment"! Add to that the daily load that life brings your way... I am not quite sure how...maybe a daily gratitude journal? Loving this one I found on etsy!

[Source:  Etsy]

Or maybe I will use the blog and share on the weekly the good things that happen during the week. We shall see...how should I go about it? Would you like to get a glimpse of my crazy life each week? 

- Finally, DARE more...makeup/style wise, but also in general when it comes to life. Get out of my comfort zone...after all that is where all the fun is at apparently. ;O)



Have you taken any new year resolutions? If so, what are they?





    XO

No comments:

Post a Comment