Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Want You To Want Me - Kisses On My List/ Anastasia of Beverly Hills Review

I love great PR pitches. Remember when the PR people for Anastasia of Beverly Hills sent me the See and Be Seen kit to review and they had included a View Master in their press kit? Fun, right? This time around for their Holiday 2012 goodies, they made it fun again!

The Want You To Want Me kit came in with....a record! Oh so 1970's! Which is also the theme of the kit, with its design and shade names drawing inspiration from the disco chic era!



Even though I am not ready to start thinking about Xmas until after Halloween (at least!! lol). I just had to show you these now!

The set comes in a gorgeous ''clutch-like' velvet packaging with rose-gold accents.


The Want You to Want Me is a kit within a velvet like clutch.  The set includes an eye shadow palette you can use to create a ton of 70′s inspired looks (c'mon, you know you want to!). Side note: don't you just love the shade names? So fun!

I just love the rose gold hardware on the clasp and the chain accent on the front and back of the clutch (love the attention to detail!). Inside, you have the compact palette, jet black liquid eye liner, clear brow gel (structured brows are so IN this season) and even a dual-ended mini eye shadow brush. 







The eye shadows are velvety soft. I did experience fallout with a few shades but nothing a little loose powder dusted under my eyes couldn't help take care of ( take note of the tip ladies! Then all you need to do is brush it all away with a clean kabuki brush).

Anastasia of Beverly Hills is also offering a lip gloss set (Paraben Free) this coming Holiday season. The Kisses On My List set contains 6 gorgeous ''tame'' shades perfect for everyday wear or to pair up with the smoldering plum smokey eyes you can create with the Want You To Want Me set. Each gloss is named after famous 70’s muses: Lola, Maggie May, Sharona, Roxanne, Jolene, and Moi.


A limited-edition HydraFull Gloss set that includes three sheer, ultra-hydrating glosses and three new and exclusive Hypercolor glosses.






I love the shade range included, but a plum or red shade would have been a great addition to this set (to wear with the more neutral shades included in the eye shadow palette I am thinking!). Nothing is ever perfect right?

To end this post on a fun note, take a look at the footage of the behind the scenes at the “Want you to want me” set. 70's glam, rock and roll and giant hairblowing fans all worked together to create this look! Hello inspiration!




The Want Me To Want You (44.00$ CAD) and Kisses On My List (39.00$ CAD) sets are already available at Sephora or online at Anastasia.net. Will they be on your wish list this holiday season? Pssst! They are sized perfectly to fit in a stocking! ;)

Am I alone with this song stuck in my head now?



p.s. Étant donné la longueur de cet article, j'ai opté de le laissé seulement dans une langue. Mais, si certaines d'entre-vous aimerait pouvoir lire cet article en français, laissez-moi un commentaire au bas de ce billet. Il me fera plaisir de le traduire!

No comments:

Post a Comment